Sunday, August 1, 2010

Final Week

Well, this blog is yet to be launched, but I figured I'd put a little something about the current state of affairs for historical purposes.

I'm currently into my last week of recording, after having postponed my deadline several times. With the gig next Monday, however, it is imperative that all recordings be ready to go by Friday night at the latest, so as to give me some time to put them next to each other, do some final tinkerings with volume, and print enough CD's to bring to the performance. Cutting it fine, I know ^_^

The nerves have begun to set in, in part due to the performance, but also due to my impending travel date.

..

Fast-forward to one week later, Monday the 2nd of August. Incredibly, the CD is complete. I'm not entirely satisfied with it, but unfortunately I think that was inevitable. All modesty aside, I think it's adequate.

A huge thank you must go to Sean Dillico for his brilliant, last-minute work at mastering five of the eleven tracks for me (Shadowland, Requiem, Phosphorescence, Darling and Winter). You wouldn't believe how much time and effort goes into fixing the volume of the tracks before they can be put on a CD. I definitely could not have done it alone.

In any case, it's done !! What an incredible feeling. Now the performance just needs to go down smoothly and I can dedicate the remaining two weeks to sorting myself out for my big trip.

Lots to do, and less time in which to do it !

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment