Thursday, July 1, 2010

5 - Stains

Climbing like spiders
And floating, these gliders on air
Are where I am

Surrounded by flowers
And counting the hours til daylight
Comes to an end.

Taking breaths slowly
In the open you blow me a kiss
I miss your smile.

But dimly lit stables
Are where I am able to count
The lines in my hands

It'll catch you off guard
When you say

Nothing happens the way you think
Nothing happens the way you think
When you think the world's one way
You think you know
It shows
You don't know anything at all

Scratching at the paintwork
Carved in the woodwork I'm stained
Beneath my skin

And it's seems it's been ages
Filling empty pages with lines
To show the world where I've been

Try to cover my footprints
As I say

Nothing happened the way you said
Nothing happened the way you said
You promised it'd be one way and it's gone awry
And I
I feel such a fool to've believed you

Surrounded by flowers
Seconds are hours
To be true
When I close my eyes I'm with you

No comments:

Post a Comment